Wearing Compression Gear to the Gym
Fitness clothing has always been a part of the gym experience, and compression gear has been part of that. In fact, compression gear has been a standard for many athletes for decades. Originally, compression gear had humble beginnings as medical devices. They were used by many doctors and patients to slow the progression of diseases like varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis, and help relieve arthritis. Curious enough, it’s been proven that these same garments increase blood flow and circulation in the veins.
Nowadays, an athlete like yourself has the advantage of compression gear that was designed for medical purposes to help improve your fitness routine and recovery. Whether it’s workout shorts for women or leggings, you’ll find a lot of benefits by wearing compression clothing to the gym. Even on a run, women's compression running shorts make a perfect addition to your fitness clothing and style.
Here are the main benefits that you’ll get from wearing compression gear to the gym:
- You’ll see a reduction in muscle fatigue. All workouts can make you tired. Wearing compression gear will allow you to experience less fatigue both before and after a workout. This will help you work out longer and at an improved level than usual.
- Fitness injuries can hold you back. Compression garments can help prevent sprains and strains on your muscles. The clothing adds pressure to your muscles in the correct positions. If you are prone to injuries, wearing the right compression clothing will help prevent these issues and help with strain recovery.
- No one wants to be sore after a workout, especially you. Though everyone experiences some level of soreness, compression wear will reduce it. This works as the clothing increase your blood circulation, which helps flush your body of lactic acid and prevent/reduce soreness.
- Your muscles require oxygen to function during a workout. Compression clothing will increase your circulation to the lungs and heart, which provide the levels of oxygen needed in the blood and for blood flow in your tissues. Your performance will get a boost due to extra oxygen.
- Working out is hard enough without you being comfortable. Compression garments will keep you at the right comfort level as they prevent chafing and friction along with wicking away moisture.